Boosted 2.2W Class D Amplifier with Automatic Level Control
High-Efficiency Boosted Amplifier Makes Speakers Louder Without Collapsing the Battery
DescriptionThe MAX98500 is a high-efficiency Class D audio amplifier that features an integrated boost converter, to deliver a constant output power over a wide range of battery supply voltages.
The boost converter operates at 2MHz, requiring only a small (2.2µH) external inductor and capacitor.
The automatic level control has a battery tracking function that reduces the output swing as the supply voltage drops, preventing collapse of battery voltage.
The amplifier has differential inputs and an internal fully differential design. The MAX98500 also features three gain settings (6dB, 15.5dB, and 20dB) that are selectable with a logic input.
The MAX98500 is available in a small, 0.5mm pitch 16-bump WLP package (2.1mm x 2.1mm). It is specified over the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- Boosted Class D Output
- Integrated Automatic Level Control
- Output Power
- 2.2W into 8Ω, 10% THD+N
- 1.7W into 8Ω, 1% THD+N
- Wide 2.5V to 5.5V Supply Voltage Range
- Undervoltage Lockout Protection
- High Total Efficiency of 87%
- High Step-Up Switching Frequency (2MHz)
- Active Emission Limiting for Low EMI
- Active Speaker Accessories
- Cell Phones
- GPS Devices
- Mobile Internet Devices
MAX98500EVKIT: Evaluation Kit for the MAX98500
Technical DocumentsApp Note 5792 Multiplex Boosted Class-D without Additional External Circuitry
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- Wide Input Supply Range (3.0V to 14V)
- Class-DG Operation Enables Industry Leading Quiescent Power
- Ultra-Low Noise Floor