Evaluation System for the MAX98390
For stereo evaluation and design use a MAX98390EVSYS# board with a MAX98390-ST-AUX# stereo expansion board.
The MAX98390 evaluation system (EV system) evaluates the MAX98390 boosted Class D audio amplifier with integrated Dynamic Speaker Management™ (DSM) IC. DSM senses the voltage and current at the load and uses patented Maxim algorithms to unlock the full potential of the speaker. The EV system comprises the MAX98390 Development Board (DEV board), Maxim’s Audio Interface Board III (AUDINT3), 5V power supply, reference microspeaker, USB cable, DSM Sound Studio software, and MAX98390 evaluation software.
It is recommended that the DEV board be evaluated with the AUDINT3 board as an EV system. MAX98390 supports standard I2S, left-justified, and TDM digital audio interfaces, as well as I2C for control.
The AUDINT3 board provides 1.8V DVDD, USB-to-PCM, and USB-to-I2C interfaces that are needed to evaluate the DEV board, requiring only a single external power supply for VBAT. The Simplified EV System Block Diagram details the DEV board and the AUDINT3 board.
The easy-to-use DSM Sound Studio software is a simple, yet powerful GUI that breaks down the DSM design process into three basic steps: extract, tune, and evaluate. Additionally, DSM Sound Studio provides for a 7-minute quick demo to hear the DSM difference using the included reference microspeaker.
There is also the MAX98390 evaluation software that provides complete access to all hardware registers.
- Complete Hardware System with Easy Setup, No Tools or Special Equipment Required
- Precharacterized Reference Microspeaker Included
- Easy-to-Use Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) Software (Windows 7/10 Compatible)
- DSM Sound Studio
- Quick Demo Using Included Speaker
- Extract: Speaker Parameter Extraction
- Tune: Full Acoustic Tuning Suite
- Evaluate: Compare Different Tunings
- MAX98390 Evaluation Software
- Complete Access to All Hardware Registers
- IoT Devices
- Notebook Computers
- Single Li-ion Cell Devices
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- Wide Input Supply Range (3.0V to 14V)
- Class-DG Operation Enables Industry Leading Quiescent Power
- Ultra-Low Noise Floor