Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 2.5V to 5.5V Single-Supply Operation
- Only a Single External Component (VDD Capacitor) Required in Many Applications
- PDM Digital Input
- Five Selectable Gains (3dB, 6dB, 9dB, 12dB, and 15dB)
- Audio Channel Select (Left, Right, Mono Mix)
- Filterless Operation
- Optional Class D Output Filters for Ease of Evaluation
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Cellular Phones
- Notebook and Netbook Computers
- Portable Media Players
The MAX98358 development board (DEV board) is a fully assembled and tested PCB that evaluates the MAX98358 PDM digital input Class D power amplifier. The MAX98358 evaluation system (EV SYS) operates from a single 2.5V to 5.5V DC power supply and is capable of delivering 3.2W into a 4Ω load. The device outputs can be connected directly to a speaker load for filterless applications. However, a filter can be added to ease evaluation.
The EV SYS includes the DEV board, PDM Generator board (PDM GEN) and the Maxim Audio Interface board (AUDINT board). The AUDINT board provides an easy-touse USB audio to I2S converter. The I2S data is fed into the PDM generator board that uses an FPGA to convert the I2S data stream into a PDM data stream. This allows for any computer to become a digital audio source that can be used to evaluate the device. The AUDINT board can also be used to power the part.