Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 2.5V to 5.5V Single-Supply Operation
- Only a Single External Component (VDD Capacitor) Required in Many Applications
- I2S, Left-Justified, or TDM Input
- Five Selectable Gains (3dB, 6dB, 9dB, 12dB, and 15dB)
- Audio Channel Select (Left, Right, and Mono Mix)
- Filterless Operation
- Optional Class D Output Filters for Ease of Evaluation
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Cellular Phones
- Notebook and Netbook Computers
The MAX98357 development board (DEV board) is a fully assembled and tested PCB that evaluates the MAX98357 I2S digital input Class D power amplifier. The DEV board operates from a single 2.5V to 5.5V DC power supply and is capable of delivering 3.2W into a 4Ω load. The device outputs can be connected directly to a speaker load for filterless applications. However, a filter can be added to ease evaluation. The MAX98357A accepts standard I2S data and the MAX98357B accepts left-justified digital audio data. Both versions also support 8-channel TDM audio data.
The MAX98357 evaluation system (EV system) includes the MAX98357 DEV board and Maxim Integrated’s audio interface board (MAXAUDINT001# board).
The MAXAUDINT001# board provides an easy-to-use USB audio-to-I2S converter. This allows for any computer to become a digital audio source, which can be used to evaluate the devices. The MAXAUDINT001# board can also be used to power the MAX98357. This allows for a complete evaluation from a single USB connection.