Mono 3.2W Class D Amplifier
Industry's Smallest Class D Amplifier! 1mm x 1mm!
DescriptionThe MAX98304 mono 3.2W Class D amplifier provides Class AB audio performance with Class D efficiency. This device offers five selectable gain settings (0dB, 3dB, 6dB, 9dB, and 12dB) set by a single gain-select input (GAIN).
Active emissions-limiting, edge-rate, and overshoot control circuitry greatly reduces EMI. A filterless spread-spectrum modulation scheme eliminates the need for output filtering found in traditional Class D devices. These features reduce application component count.
The IC's 0.95mA at 3.7V (1.2mA at 5V) quiescent current extends battery life in portable applications.
The IC is available in a 9-bump (1.0mm x 1.0mm) WLP with 0.3mm pitch that is specified over the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- Low Quiescent Current: 0.95mA at 3.7V
- Spread Spectrum and Active Emissions Limiting
- Five Pin-Selectable Gains
- 19µVRMS Ultra-Low Noise
- 90dB PSRR
- Click-and-Pop Suppression
- Thermal and Overcurrent Protection
- Low-Current Shutdown Mode
- 1.0mm x 1.0mm, 9-Bump WLP (0.3mm Pitch) Space-Saving Package
- Cellular Phones
- MP3 Players
- Notebook and Netbook Computers
- Portable Audio Players
- VoIP Phones
|Part Number||Class||Spkr. Amp. VCC|
|Spkr. Amp. VCC|
|Spkr. Amp. ICC|
|POUT into 4Ω @ 1% THD+N|
|POUT into 4Ω @ 10% THD+N|
|POUT into 8Ω @ 1% THD+N|
|POUT into 8Ω @ 10% THD+N|
|Spkr. Amp. Half Pwr. THD+N|
|min||max||typ||min||min||min||min||A- Weighted||min||See Notes|
MAX98304EVKIT: Evaluation Kit for the MAX98304
Technical DocumentsTutorial 5590 How to Select the Best Audio Amplifier for Your Design
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- Wide Input Supply Range (3.0V to 14V)
- Class-DG Operation Enables Industry Leading Quiescent Power
- Ultra-Low Noise Floor