Stereo 3.1W Class D Amplifier
Big 3.1W/Channel Power in a Small, 16-Bump 0.4mm WLP
DescriptionThe MAX98303 stereo 3.1W Class D amplifier provides Class AB audio performance with Class D efficiency. This device offers five selectable gain settings (6dB, 9dB, 12dB, 15dB, and 18dB) set by a single gain-select input (GAIN).
Active emissions limiting, edge-rate, and overshoot control circuitry greatly reduces EMI. A filterless spread-spectrum modulation scheme eliminates the need for output filtering found in traditional Class D devices. These features reduce application component count.
The IC's 2.0mA at 3.7V, 2.7mA at 5V, quiescent current extends battery life in portable applications.
The IC is available in a 16-bump WLP (1.68mm x 1.68mm x 0.64mm) package specified over the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- Low Quiescent Current: 2.0mA at 3.7V, 2.7mA at 5V
- Spread Spectrum and Active Emissions Limiting
- Five Pin-Selectable Gains
- Click-and-Pop Suppression
- Thermal and Overcurrent Protection
- Low-Current Shutdown Mode
- Space-Saving, 1.68mm x 1.68mm x 0.64mm, 16-Bump WLP (0.4mm Pitch)
- Cellular Phones
- MP3 Players
- Notebook and Netbook Computers
- Portable Audio Players
- VoIP Phones
|Part Number||Class||Spkr. Amp. VCC|
|Spkr. Amp. VCC|
|Spkr. Amp. ICC|
|POUT into 4Ω @ 1% THD+N|
|POUT into 4Ω @ 10% THD+N|
|POUT into 8Ω @ 1% THD+N|
|POUT into 8Ω @ 10% THD+N|
|Spkr. Amp. Half Pwr. THD+N|
|min||max||typ||min||min||min||min||A- Weighted||min||See Notes|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- Wide Input Supply Range (3.0V to 14V)
- Class-DG Operation Enables Industry Leading Quiescent Power
- Ultra-Low Noise Floor