Ultra-Low Power Stereo Audio Codec
A High-Performance Audio Codec with Ultra-Low Power Consumption and Small Footprint for Portable Applications
The MAX98090 is a fully integrated audio codec whose high-performance, ultra-low power consumption and small footprint make it ideal for portable applications.
The device features a highly flexible input scheme with six input pins (WLP) that can be configured as analog or digital microphone inputs, differential or single-ended line inputs, or as full-scale direct differential inputs. Analog inputs can be routed to the record path ADC or directly to any analog output mixer.
The device accepts master clock frequencies of either 256 x fS or from 10MHz to 60MHz. The digital audio interface supports master or slave mode operation, sample rates from 8kHz to 96kHz, and standard PCM formats such as I2S, left/right-justified, and TDM.
The record/playback paths feature FlexSound® technology DSP. This includes digital gain and filtering, a biquad filter (record), dynamic range control (playback), and a seven band parametric equalizer (playback) that can improve loudspeaker performance by optimizing the frequency response.
The stereo Class D speaker amplifier provides efficient amplification, features low radiated emissions, supports filterless operation, and can drive both 4Ω and 8Ω loads. The DirectDrive® stereo Class H headphone amplifier provides a ground referenced output eliminating the need for large DC-blocking capacitors. The device also includes a differential receiver (earpiece) amplifier that can be reconfigured as a stereo single-ended line output.Enhance Battery Life and Sound Quality for Hearables and Wearables with the MAX98090.
View a video that highlights the features of the MAX98090.
View a video that shows how to setup the MAX98090 evaluation kit.
- 102dB DR Stereo DAC to HP (8kHz < fS < 96kHz)
- 3.6mW Stereo Playback Power Consumption
- 99dB DR Stereo ADC (8kHz < fS < 96kHz)
- 4.2mW Stereo Record Power Consumption
- 3 Stereo Single-Ended/Differential Analog Microphone/Line Inputs (WLP Version)
- Stereo PDM Digital Microphone Input
- Master Clock Frequencies from 256 x fS to 60MHz
- I2S/LJ/RJ/TDM Digital Audio Interface
- FlexSound Technology Signal Processing
- Record Path Biquad Filter
- Playback Path 7-Band Parametric EQ
- Playback Path Automatic Level Control
- Digital Filtering and Gain/Level Control
- Stereo Low EMI Class D Speaker Amplifiers
- 3.2W/Channel (RL = 4Ω, VSPK_VDD = 5V, WLP)
- 1.8W/Channel (RL = 8Ω, VSPK_VDD = 5V, WLP)
- Stereo DirectDrive Class H Headphone Amplifier Jack Detection and Identification
- Differential Receiver Amplifier/Stereo Line Output
- Extensive Click-and-Pop Reduction Circuitry
- RF Immune Analog Inputs and Outputs
- Programmable Microphone Bias
- I2C Control Interface with Two Address Options
- 49-Bump 0.4mm WLP and 40-Pin TQFN Packages
|Bit Depth||Sample Rate|
|Bit Depth||Sample Rate|
|2||2||99||24||8 to 96||102||24||8 to 96||0.4|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- Wide Input Supply Range (3.0V to 14V)
- Class-DG Operation Enables Industry Leading Quiescent Power
- Ultra-Low Noise Floor