Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Windows Premium Mobile Vista Compliant
- 2W Stereo Class AB BTL Speaker Amplifier
- Stereo 100mW DirectDrive Headphone Amplifier
- Integrated 120mA Low-Dropout Linear Regulator
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Evaluates the MAX9790A (Replacement IC Required)
- Notebook Computers
- Portable Multimedia Players
- Tablet PCs
The speaker amplifier operates from a 4.5V to 5.5V DC power supply and delivers 2 x 2W output power into a pair of 4Ω speakers. The headphone amplifier operates from a 3.0V to 5.5V DC power supply and delivers 100mW output power into a 16Ω stereo headphone.
The MAX9789A provides separate stereo speaker and headphone amplifier inputs. Control pins provide independent shutdown of the speaker and headphone amplifiers, allowing speaker and headphone amplifiers to reproduce separate audio streams simultaneously.
The MAX9789A features an internal 120mA LDO. The LDO output voltage is internally set at 4.75V, or can be externally adjusted between 1.21V and 4.75V using a simple resistor-divider. The LDO can be enabled independently of the audio amplifiers.
The MAX9789A EV kit can be used to evaluate the MAX9790A. See the Evaluating the MAX9790A section for more details.