Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Microsoft Windows Vista Compliant
- Class AB 2W Stereo BTL Speaker Amplifier
- 100mW DirectDrive Headphone Amplifier Eliminates Costly, Bulky DC-Blocking Capacitors
- Excellent RF Immunity
- Integrated 120mA LDO (MAX9789)
- High +90dB PSRR, Low 0.002% THD+N
- Low-Power Shutdown Mode
- Click-and-Pop Suppression
- Short-Circuit and Thermal-Overload Protection
- Available in 32-Pin Thin QFN (5mm x 5mm x 0.8mm) Package
- Notebook Computers
- Portable Multimedia Players
- Tablet PCs
Separate speaker and headphone amplifier control inputs provide independent shutdown of the speaker and headphone amplifiers, allowing speaker and headphone amplifiers to be active simultaneously, if required. The industry-leading click-and-pop suppression circuitry reduces audible transients during startup and shutdown cycles.
The MAX9789 features an internal LDO that can be used as a clean power supply for a CODEC or other circuits. The LDO output voltage is set internally at 4.75V or can be adjusted between 1.21V and 4.75V using a simple resistive divider. The LDO is protected against thermal overloads and short circuits while providing 120mA of continuous output current and can be enabled independently of the audio amplifiers.
By disabling the speaker and headphone amplifiers, and the LDO (for MAX9789), the MAX9789/MAX9790 enter low-power shutdown mode and draw only 0.3µA.
The MAX9789/MAX9790 operate from a single 4.5V to 5.5V supply and feature thermal-overload and output short-circuit protection. Devices are specified over the -40°C to +85°C extended temperature range.