Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Automatic Level Control—Protects Speakers
- Analog Volume Control
- 120mW DirectDrive Headphone Amplifiers (16Ω)
- 150mA Adjustable LDO
- Class AB, 2.3W, Stereo BTL Speaker Amplifiers (3Ω)
- High 95dB PSRR
- Low-Power Shutdown Mode
- Industry-Leading Click-and-Pop Suppression
- Short-Circuit and Thermal Protection
- Beep Input
- Flat-Panel TVs
- LCD Projectors
- Notebook PCs
- PC Displays
- Portable Audio
- Portable DVD Players
- Tablet PCs
The MAX9756/MAX9757 feature automatic level control (ALC) that automatically limits output power to the speaker in the event of an overpowered output.
The MAX9756/MAX9758s' 150mA internal linear regulator provides a complete solution for DAC- or CODEC-based designs.
The MAX9756/MAX9757/MAX9758 are offered in space-saving, thermally efficient 32-pin (5mm x 5mm x 0.8mm) and 36-pin thin QFN (6mm x 6mm x 0.8mm) packages. All devices are specified over the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range.