Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 2.7V to 5.5V Single-Supply Operation
- 100mW DirectDrive Headphone Amplifier
- Integrated 64-Level Volume Control
- Hardware/Software Shutdown Control
- Software Enabled BassMax (Bass-Boost)
- I²C/SMBus-Compatible Interface
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Automotive Rear-Seat Entertainment (RSE)
- Cell Phones
- Flat-Panel TVs
- MP3/PMP Players
- Portable CD/DVD/MD Players
The MAX9726 evaluation kit is a fully assembled and tested PCB that evaluates the MAX9726 stereo DirectDrive® headphone amplifier. The MAX9726 consists of two Class AB amplifiers designed to operate from a 2.7V to 5.5VDC power supply and deliver 100mW into a 32Ω stereo headphone. The EV kit includes a 3.5mm stereo headphone jack and an I²C/SMBus-compatible interface that allows for software control of the BassMax (bass-boost), shutdown, and output volume setting features.
The Maxim CMAXQUSB command module provides the I²C/SMBus interface and is connected to the computer through the universal serial bus (USB) port. The MAX9726 EV kit software provides a graphical user interface (GUI) for exercising the MAX9726 features.