1.4W and 1W, Ultra-Small, Audio Power Amplifiers with Shutdown
DescriptionThe MAX4364/MAX4365 are bridged audio power amplifiers intended for portable audio devices with internal speakers. The MAX4364 is capable of delivering 1.4W from a single 5V supply and 500mW from a single 3V supply into an 8Ω load. The MAX4365 is capable of delivering 1W from a single 5V supply and 450mW from a single 3V supply into an 8Ω load. The MAX4364/MAX4365 feature 0.04% THD+N at 1kHz, 68dB PSRR at 217Hz, and only 10nA of supply current in shutdown mode.
The MAX4364/MAX4365 bridged outputs eliminate the need for output-coupling capacitors, minimizing external component count. The MAX4364/MAX4365 also include internal DC bias generation, clickless operation, short-circuit and thermal-overload protection. Both devices are unity-gain stable, with the gain set by two external resistors.
The MAX4364 is available in a small 8-pin SO package. The MAX4365 is available in tiny 8-pin TDFN (3mm x 3mm x 0.8mm) and µMAX® packages.
- 1.4W into 8Ω Load (MAX4364)
- 1W into 8Ω Load (MAX4365)
- 0.04% THD+N at 1kHz
- 68dB PSRR at 217Hz
- 2.7V to 5.5V Single-Supply Operation
- 5mA Supply Current
- Low-Power, 10nA Shutdown Mode
- Pin Compatible with the LM4861/LM4862/LM4864 (MAX4364)
- Clickless Power-Up and Shutdown
- Thermal-Overload and Short-Circuit Protection
- Available in TDFN, µMAX, and SO Packages
- Cell Phones
- General-Purpose Audio
- Two-Way Radios
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- Wide Input Supply Range (3.0V to 14V)
- Class-DG Operation Enables Industry Leading Quiescent Power
- Ultra-Low Noise Floor