Universal 3.5mmØ Accessory Management IC
A Universal Jack Interface Solution with Wide the Power Management and Interface Control of Accessory
DescriptionThe MAX20317 is an I2C controllable, universal 3.5mmØ accessory management IC. The device provides a universal jack interface solution, as well as a compact solution for the power management and interface control of a powered accessory, such as an active noise cancelling (ANC) headset.
The MAX20317 automatically measures headset impedance with a high precision, triple current source 8 bit ADC. After impedance detection, the device also detects when a headset is in a CTIA or OMTP configuration and automatically configures the SLEEVE and RING2 terminals to correctly connect the microphone and ground lines.
When a boost supply is applied, the MAX20317 can detect the presence of an ANC headset. When the ANC headset is detected and enabled, a button-press monitoring circuit activates and flags button presses by detecting the voltage drop across a sense resistor.
The MAX20317 provides a power line communication tool to a headset to exchange the data with the host device.
The MAX20317 has the two separate ground sense inputs from the SLEEVE and RING2 terminals of the connector to provide a high ground isolation to the audio codec.
The MAX20317 is available in a space-saving, 20-bump, 0.4mm pitch, 1.65mm x 2.05mm wafer-level package (WLP) and operates over the -40°C to +85°C extended temperature range.
- Allows Wide Range of Applications by Supporting Universal 3.5mm Jack Types
- Auto-Configuration for CTIA and OMTP Headsets
- Supports MEMS Microphone
- 50mΩ Ground Switch
- Enables Long Utilization of Accessories by Supplying Power Through 3.5mm Jack
- Powered Accessory/Headset Detection
- Bypass Switch to Power Accessories, Such as ANC Headsets
- Programmable Button Detection in Powered Accessory Mode
- Empowers New Path in Data Communication to Accessories
- Power Line Communication by 3.5mm Jack
- Bidirectional Digital Data Communication in Power Mode
- Allow Emergence of New Accessory Types
- Provides Comfortable Sounds by Introducing Automatic Volume Adjustment
- Adaptive Volume Control Based on Precision Headset Impedance
- False Insertion Detection
- Saves Board Space with Small Form Factor
- 1.65mm x 2.05mm 4 x 5 Array 20-Bump 0.4mm Pitch WLP
- Notebook PCs
- Smart Phones
- Tablet PCs
|Low-Noise LDO Output|
|MIC Switch Detection||Control Inputs||Supply Current for MIC Detection|
|Pop-Up Noise Elimination||ESD Protection||Package/Pins||Oper. Temp.|
|MAX20317||2.5 to 5.5|
|Plug-in and Plug-out||15kV HBM on MIC and DETIN|
|-40 to +85||$0.77 @1k|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- Wide Input Supply Range (3.0V to 14V)
- Class-DG Operation Enables Industry Leading Quiescent Power
- Ultra-Low Noise Floor