Low-Power Headset Detectors with SEND/END Button Support
Complete Audio Headset Jack Detection Solution
DescriptionThe MAX14579E/MAX14579AE provide a simple solution for detecting the insertion and managing the operation of a 3.5mm stereo headset with a microphone. These devices integrate all circuitry required to detect SEND/END button press events and generate required microphone bias voltages.
The devices are managed with only three GPIOs from the host controller to select between call mode and standby mode, and monitor the SEND/END and jack insertion status. In call mode, the low-noise LDO is enabled to provide DC bias to the externally preamplified microphone. In standby mode, microphone low-power pulsing is enabled to reduce supply current while waiting for a SEND/END button press event. Two open-drain outputs signal the host controller when an insertion/removal or SEND/END button press event occurs.
The MAX14579E/MAX14579AE manage jack insertion detection by monitoring a 3.5mm socket with a normally open jack insertion switch.
The devices are available in an 8-pin TDFN package, and are fully specified over the -40°C to +85°C extended temperature range.
- 3.5mm Jack Insertion Detection
- Simple Interface: One Input/Two Open-Drain Outputs
- Low-Power Microphone Mode
- Low-Noise, High-PSRR Microphone Bias Generator
- Click-and-Pop Suppression
- High-ESD Protection on MIC and DETIN Inputs
- ±15kV Human Body Model (HBM)
- Cell Phones
- Tablet PCs
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- Wide Input Supply Range (3.0V to 14V)
- Class-DG Operation Enables Industry Leading Quiescent Power
- Ultra-Low Noise Floor