Evaluation Kit for the MAX4951BE
DescriptionThe MAX4951B evaluation kit (EV kit) provides a proven design to evaluate the MAX4951BE dual-channel redriver. The EV kit contains four sections: application circuit, characterization circuit, and two sets of calibration traces.
The application circuit is designed to demonstrate the MAX4951BE IC's use in redriving Serial-ATA (SATA) and external SATA (eSATA) signals and SATA cable-detection feature. This section of the EV kit operates from an external +5V supply that is regulated by an on-board LDO to +3.3V, which powers the MAX4951BE (U1) device. All traces in the application circuit are 100Ω differential controlled-impedance traces.
The characterization circuit is provided for eye diagram evaluation using SMA connectors and 50Ω controlled-impedance traces. This section is powered by an external +3.3V power supply.
- Application Circuit with SATA Input/Output
- On-Board Standard 4-Pin Molex Connector
- Characterization Circuit with SMA Inputs/Outputs
- Calibration Traces (50Ω Load Trace and Through Trace)
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Data Storage/Workstations
- Desktop Computers
- Docking Stations
- Laptop Computers
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C|
- Optimized for Compact and Portable Applications
- Embedded Digital Resources for Beamforming