Dual 3:1 Clickless Audio Multiplexers with Negative-Signal Handling
Passes Negative Signals Up to VCC - 5.5V with Only 1 Positive Power Supply
The MAX4908/MAX4909/MAX4930/MAX4932 dual 3:1 clickless audio multiplexers feature negative-signal capability that allows signals as low as VCC - 5.5V to pass through without distortion. These analog multiplexers have a low on-resistance (0.38Ω), low supply current, and operate from a single +1.8V to +5.5V supply.
The MAX4908 has shunt resistors on all input terminals, and the MAX4909 has shunt resistors on all input terminals except X0 and Y0. The MAX4930 has shunt resistors only on the X2 and Y2 terminals, and the MAX4932 has no shunt resistors. The shunt resistor feature reduces click-and-pop sounds by automatically discharging the capacitance at the input terminal when they are not connected. A break-before-make feature further reduces popping.
The MAX4908/MAX4909/MAX4930/MAX4932 use two digital control inputs CB1 and CB2 to switch between signals. The digital control inputs can accept up to +5.5V independent of the supply voltage.
The MAX4908/MAX4909/MAX4930/MAX4932 are available in 12-bump WLP and 14-pin TDFN-EP packages and operate over the -40°C to +85°C extended temperature range.
- Distortion-Free Negative Signal Throughput Down to VCC - 5.5V
- Internal Shunt Resistors Reduce Click-and-Pop Sounds
- High PSRR Reduces Supply Noise
- Low On-Resistance: 0.38Ω (typ)
- Channel-to-Channel Matching: 0.1Ω (max)
- On-Resistance Flatness: 0.35Ω (max)
- Single +1.8V to +5.5V Supply Voltage
- -70dB (typ) Crosstalk (20kHz)
- -80dB (typ) Off-Isolation (20kHz)
- 0.02% (typ) Total Harmonic Distortion
- 50nA Leakage Current
- 50nA Supply Current
- Cell Phones
- MP3 Players
- Notebook Computers
- PDAs and Handheld Devices
|Part Number||Protocol||Config.||Channels||VSUPPLY (Single)|
|Dynamic Range (max)|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|