Low-Voltage, Dual SPDT, Audio Clickless Switches with Negative Rail Capability
Negative Signal Handling and Audio Clickless/Popless Features in a Small, 10-Pin µDFN Package (2mm x 2mm)
DescriptionThe MAX4744/MAX4744H/MAX4745/MAX4745H/MAX4746H dual SPDT (single-pole/double-throw) audio switches feature negative signal capability that allows signals as low as VCC - 5.5V to pass through without distortion. These analog switches have a low on-resistance and low supply current, and operate from a single +1.8V to +5.5V supply.
The MAX4744/MAX4744H have internal shunt resistors that automatically discharge the capacitance at the normally open (NO) and normally closed (NC) terminals when they are not connected. The MAX4746H features internal shunt resistors on NC_ terminals. This reduces click-and-pop sounds that occur when switching audio signals between precharged points. A break-before-make feature further reduces popping. The MAX4744/MAX4745 control the switches with two control bits CB1 and CB2. The MAX4744H/MAX4745H/MAX4746H have one control bit to switch both switches and an enable input active-low EN to put the switches in a high-impedance mode. The MAX4744H/MAX4745H/MAX4746H also have an internal protection network against voltages applied to COM_ when VCC = 0V.
These devices are available in a space-saving 10-pin µDFN (2mm x 2mm) package and operate over the -40°C to +85°C extended temperature range.
- Distortion-Free Negative Signal Throughput Down to VCC - 5.5V
- Internal Shunt Resistor Reduces Click/Pop (MAX4744/MAX4744H)
- 0.6Ω (typ) Low On-Resistance
- 0.1Ω (max) Channel-to-Channel Matching
- 0.55Ω (max) On-Resistance Flatness
- +1.8V to +5.5V Single-Supply Voltage
- 0.01% (typ) Total Harmonic Distortion
- -75dB (typ) Crosstalk (100kHz)
- -68dB (typ) Off-Isolation (100kHz)
- Available in 10-Pin µDFN Package (2mm x 2mm)
- Cellular Phones
- MP3 Players
- Notebook Computers
- PDAs and Other Handheld Devices
- Power Routing
- Speaker Switching
|Part Number||Config.||# Channels||VSUPPLY (Single)|
|Dynamic Range (max)|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|