Rail-to-Rail, Fault-Protected, SPST Analog Switches
DescriptionThe MAX4510/MAX4520 single-pole/single-throw (SPST), fault-protected analog switches feature a fault-protected input and rail-to-rail signal-handling capability. The normally open (NO) and normally closed (NC) terminals are protected from overvoltage faults up to 36V during power-on and 44V with power off. During a fault condition, the switch input terminal (NO or NC) becomes an open circuit; only nanoamperes of leakage current flow from the fault source, and the switch output (COM) furnishes up to 13mA of the appropriate polarity supply voltage to the load. This ensures unambiguous rail-to-rail outputs when a fault begins and ends.
On-resistance is 160Ω max. The off-leakage current is only 0.5nA at +25°C and 10nA at +85°C. The MAX4510 is a normally closed switch, while the MAX4520 is a normally open switch. These CMOS switches operate with dual power supplies ranging from ±4.5V to ±20V or a single supply between +9V and +36V.
The digital input has +0.8V and +2.4V logic thresholds, ensuring both TTL- and CMOS-logic compatibility when using ±15V or a single +12V supply. The MAX4510/MAX4520 are available in 6-pin SOT23 and 8-pin µMAX® packages.
- ±40V Fault Protection with Power Off
- ±36V Fault Protection with ±15V Supplies
- Switch is Off with Power Removed
- Rail-to-Rail Signal Handling
- 160Ω max Signal Paths with ±15V Supplies
- On-Switch Turns Off with Overvoltage
- 0.5nA Off-Leakage Current
- Output Clamped to Appropriate Supply Voltage During Fault Condition; No Transition Glitch
- No Power-Supply Sequencing Required
- ±4.5V to ±20V Dual Supplies +9V to +36V Single Supply
- Low Power Consumption: < 2mW
- TTL- and CMOS-Compatible Logic Inputs with Single +9V to +15V or ±15V Supplies
- Automated Test Equipment (ATE)
- Data Acquisition
- Industrial and Process Control Systems
- Redundant/Backup Systems
|Part Number||Functions||Config.||Channels||Normal Position||VSUPPLY (Single)|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|