Quad, Rail-to-Rail, Fault-Protected, SPST Analog Switches
DescriptionThe MAX4511/MAX4512/MAX4513 are quad, single-pole/single-throw (SPST), fault-protected analog switches. They are pin-compatible with the industry-standard nonprotected DG201/DG202/DG213. These new switches feature fault-protected inputs and rail-to-rail signal handling capability. The normally open (NO_) and normally closed (NC_) terminals are protected from overvoltage faults up to 36V during power-up or power-down. During a fault condition, the NO_ or NC_ terminal becomes an open circuit and only nanoamperes of leakage current flow from the source, but the switch output (COM_) furnishes up to 10mA of the appropriate polarity supply voltage to the load. This ensures unambiguous rail-to-rail outputs when a fault begins and ends.
On-resistance is 175Ω max and is matched between switches to 10Ω max. The off-leakage current is only 0.5nA at +25°C and 10nA at +85°C.
The MAX4511 has four normally closed switches. The MAX4512 has four normally open switches. The MAX4513 has two normally closed and two normally open switches.
These CMOS switches can operate with dual power supplies ranging from ±4.5V to ±18V or a single supply between +9V and +36V.
All digital inputs have +0.8V and +2.4V logic thresholds, ensuring both TTL- and CMOS-logic compatibility when using ±15V or a single +12V supply.
- ±40V Fault Protection with Power Off
- ±36V Fault Protection with ±15V Supplies
- All Switches Off with Power Off
- Rail-to-Rail Signal Handling
- Output Clamped to Appropriate Supply Voltage During Fault Condition; No Transition Glitch
- 175Ω max Signal Paths with ±15V Supplies
- No Power-Supply Sequencing Required
- ±4.5V to ±18V Dual Supplies
- +9V to +36V Single Supply
- Low Power Consumption, < 2mW
- Four Separately Controlled SPST Switches
- Pin-Compatible with Industry-Standard DG411/DG412/DG413, DG201/DG202/DG213
- TTL- and CMOS-Compatible Logic Inputs with Single +9V to +15V or ±15V Supplies
- Automated Test Equipment (ATE)
- Data Acquisition
- Industrial and Process Control Systems
- Redundant/Backup Systems
|Part Number||Functions||Config.||Channels||Normal Position||VSUPPLY (Single)|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|