Precision, 16-Channel/Dual 8-Channel, Low-Voltage, CMOS Analog Multiplexers
The MAX396/MAX397 low-voltage, CMOS analog multiplexers (muxes) offer low on-resistance (100Ω max), which is matched to within 6Ω between switches and remains flat over the specified signal range (10Ω max). They also offer low leakage over temperature (input off-leakage current less than 1nA at +85°C) and fast switching speeds (transition time less than 250ns). The MAX396 is a 16-channel device, and the MAX397 is a dual 8-channel device.
The MAX396/MAX397 are fabricated with Maxim's low-voltage silicon-gate process. Design improvements yield extremely low charge injection (5pC max) and guarantee electrostatic-discharge (ESD) protection greater than 2000V per Method 3015.7.
These muxes operate with a single +2.7V to +16V supply or with ±2.7V to ±8V dual supplies, while retaining CMOS-logic input compatibility and fast switching. The MAX396/MAX397 are pin compatible with the industry-standard MAX306/MAX307, DG406/DG407, and DG506A/DG507A.
- Pin Compatible with MAX306/MAX307, DG406/DG407, DG506A/DG507A
- Single-Supply Operation (+2.7V to +16V)
- Dual-Supply Operation (±2.7V to ±8V)
- Low On-Resistance (100Ω max)
- Guaranteed RON Match Between Channels (6Ω max)
- Guaranteed RON Flatness over Specified Signal Range (10Ω max)
- Guaranteed Low Charge Injection (5pC max)
- Input Off-Leakage Current < 1nA at +85°C
- Output Off-Leakage Current < 2.5nA at +85°C
- Low Power Consumption < 10µW
- TTL/CMOS Compatible
- Audio-Signal Routing
- Automated Test Equipment (ATE)
- Battery-Powered Applications
- Communication Systems
- Industrial Process Controls
- Low-Voltage Data Acquisition Systems
- Sample-and-Hold Circuits
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|