Two-Lane and Four-Lane DisplayPort Passive Switches with Separate AUX/HPD Control
Ultra-Low On-Capacitance and Return Loss to Support Data Rates Greater Than 2.7Gbps
DescriptionThe MAX4998/MAX14998 high-speed passive switches route DisplayPort™ between two possible destinations or vice versa in laptop or desktop PCs. The MAX4998/MAX14998 are intended to be used where ultra-high-speed performance and minimal input capacitance is required.
The MAX4998 has three double-pole/double-throw (DPDT) switches and one single-pole/double-throw (SPDT) switch. Two DPDT switches are for high-frequency switching, one DPDT switch is for AUX, and one SPDT switch is for HPD. The two high-frequency switches are selected by SEL1, and the AUX/HPD are selected by SEL2. This part is suitable for two-lane DisplayPort switching.
The MAX14998 has six double-pole/double-throw (DPDT) switches. Four DPDT switches are for high-frequency switching, and two DPDT switches are for AUX and HPD. The four high-frequency switches are selected by SEL1, and the AUX/HPD are selected by SEL2. This part is suitable for four-lane DisplayPort switching.
The MAX4998/MAX14998 are fully specified to operate from a single +3.3V (typ) power supply. The MAX4998 is available in a 3.5mm x 5.5mm, 28-pin TQFN package with exposed pad, and the MAX14998 is available in a 3.5mm x 9mm, 42-pin TQFN package with exposed pad. Both devices operate over the -40°C to +85°C extended temperature range.
- Single 3.3V Power-Supply Voltage
- 8.5GHz (typ) Bandwidth
- Support 1.6/5.4Gbps DisplayPort Signals
- Handles DisplayPort v1.1 Signals
- Handles DisplayPort v1.2 Signals
- Excellent Return Loss -13dB at 2.7GHz
- Independent High Frequency: AUX Select
- Designed for AC-Coupled Circuits
- Pass Throughs Are Maintained
- Low 850µA (max) Supply Current
- Small Packages
- 3.5mm x 5.5mm, 28-Pin TQFN Package with Exposed Pad
- 3.5mm x 9mm, 42-Pin TQFN Package with Exposed Pad
- Flow-Through Layout for Easy Board Layout
- ESD Protection for All I/O Pins: Human Body Model (HBM) ±4kV
- Desktop PCs
- Notebook PCs
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|