Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Innovative Design Eliminates Need for Costly External Components
- Single +3.3V Supply Operation
- Increased Design Flexibility for Backward- Compatible Applications
- Optimized for PCIe Gen III (8GT/s) and Gen II (5GT/s) Signals and Compatible with Gen I (2.5GT/s) Signals
- High Level of Integration for Performance
- Random Jitter: 0.5psRMS, Deterministic Jitter: 7psp-p
- Four-Level-Programmable Input Equalization
- Eight-Level-Programmable Output Emphasis
- Electrical Idle Detection
- Receiver Detection Permits Completely Transparent Operation
- Ideal for Space-Sensitive Applications
- On-Chip 50Ω Input/Output Terminations
- 40-Pin, 5.0mm x 5.0mm TQFN Packaging
- Communications Switchers
- External Graphics Applications
- Storage Area Networks
- Test Equipment
The device contains two identical channels capable of equalizing PCIe Gen III (8GT/s), Gen II (5GT/s), and Gen I (2.5GT/s) signals and features electrical idle and receiver detection.
The MAX14950A is available in a small, 40-pin, 5.0mm x 5.0mm TQFN package with flow-through traces for optimal layout and minimal space requirements. It is specified over the 0°C to +70°C commercial operating temperature range.