Enhanced VGA Port Protector
Fully Integrated VGA Port Protector Saves Space and Reduces Cost in Portable Applications
DescriptionThe MAX14895E integrates level-translating buffers and features RED, GRN, and BLU (RGB) port protection for VGA signals.
The device has horizontal sync (SYNCH_) and vertical synch (SYNCV_) translating buffers that convert low-level CMOS inputs from a graphics controller to meet full 5V, TTL-compatible outputs. Each output can drive ±10mA and meets the VESASM specification. In addition, the device translates the direct digital control (DDC) signals to a lower level that is safe for the graphics controller.
The device features both EN and active-low EN inputs, accepting active-high or active-low enable inputs. The device also switches and current limits the 5V supply to a VGA connector or monitor.
The RED, GRN, and BLU terminals protect graphics controller outputs against electrostatic discharge (ESD) events. All eight outputs and active-low EN have high-level ESD protection.
The MAX14895E is specified over the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range and is available in a 16-pin, 3mm x 3mm TQFN package with exposed pad.
- Saves Power in Portable Applications
- Low Quiescent Supply Current: 430µA (typ)
- Eliminates Need for Costly External Components
- High-ESD Protection on SDA1, SCL1, SYNCH1, SYNCV1, RED, GRN, BLU, Active-Low EN, VS
- ±15kV Human Body Model (HBM)
- ±8kV IEC 61000-4-2 Contact Discharge
- Innovative Design Enables a High Level of Integration for Performance
- Output Current-Limit Switch with Power-Off Protection
- Low Capacitance on RGB Ports (2.2pF typ)
- ±10mA Drive on SYNCH1, SYNCV1
- Fully Integrated Solutions Saves Space in Portable Applications
- DDC Outputs have Internal Pullups
- 3mm x 3mm, 16-Pin TQFN Package
- Graphics Cards
- Notebook Computers
|Part Number||Protocol||VSUPPLY (Single)|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|