16-Channel (Two Banks of 8-Channel), High-Voltage Analog Switches
Save Space by Replacing Bulky High-Voltage Relays with a Small Fully Integrated Circuit
DescriptionThe MAX14805/MAX14806 provide high-voltage switching on 16 channels for ultrasonic imaging. Both devices are ideal for the following applications: banks selection in biplane or triplane ultrasound probes and relays replacement. The devices utilize 200V process technology to provide sixteen high-voltage, low-charge injection SPST switches, controlled by a digital interface.
The MAX14805/MAX14806's output switches are configured as two sets of eight SPST analog switches. The switches are controlled by two input logic controls, DIN1 and DIN2 (respectively for switch 0 to 7 and switch 8 to 15). The MAX14806 features integrated 40kΩ bleed resistors on each switch terminal, which help to reduce voltage buildup in capacitive loads such as piezoelectric elements.
The MAX14805/MAX14806 operate with a wide range of high-voltage supplies, including VPP/VNN = +100V/-100V, +200V/0V, and +40V/-160V. The digital interface operates from a separate VDD supply from +2.7V to +5.5V. Digital inputs DIN1, DIN2, and active-low LE operate on the VDD supply voltage.
The MAX14805CCM+ is a drop-in replacement for the Supertex HV2631. The MAX14806CCM+ is a drop-in replacement for the Supertex HV2731. Both devices are available in the 48-pin, TQFP package and are specified for the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- HVCMOS Technology for High Performance
- Two Sets of 8-Channel SPST High-Voltage Analog Switches
- DC to 20MHz Low-Voltage Analog Signal Frequency Range
- +2.7V to +5.5V Logic Supply Voltage
- Ultra-Low (0.1μA) (typ) Quiescent Current
- Low-Charge Injection, Low-Capacitance 20Ω Switches
- -77dB (typ) Off-Isolation at 5MHz (50Ω)
- Flexible, High-Voltage Supplies (VPP - VNN = 230V)
- Medical Ultrasound Imaging
- Nondestructive Test (NDT)
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|