Dual ±25V Above- and Below-the-Rails 4:1 Analog Multiplexer
Simplify Designs with the Industry's First ±25V Above- and Below-the-Rails Multiplexer
DescriptionThe MAX14778 dual 4:1 analog multiplexer supports analog signals up to ±25V with a single 3.0 to 5.5V supply. Each multiplexer has separate control inputs to allow independent switching, making the device ideal for multiplexing different communications signals with the same connector pins. Extended ESD protection of ±6kV (Human Body Model) enable direct interfacing to cables and connectors.
The MAX14778 features a low 1.5Ω (max) on-resistance and 3mΩ (typ) flatness to maximize signal integrity over the entire common-mode voltage range. Each multiplexer can carry up to 300mA of continuous current through the multiplexer in either direction.
The MAX14778 supports switching of full-speed USB 1.1 signals (12Mbps) and RS-485 data rates of up to 20Mbps.
The MAX14778 is available in a 20-pin (5mm x 5mm) TQFN package and is specified over the -40°C to +125°C extended temperature range.
- Wide Signal Range Supported from Single-Supply Voltage Eliminates Negative Power Supply
- ±25V Signal Range
- Single 3.0V to 5.5V Supply
- Two Independent Multiplexers
- Break-Before-Make Operation
- 1.5Ω RON (max)
- 3mΩRON Flatness (typ)
- 300mA Maximum Current Through Multiplexer
- 78pF Input Capacitance
- 75MHz Large-Signal Bandwidth
- 20-Pin TQFN (5mm x 5mm) Package
- Extended ESD Protection on A_ and B_ Pins
- ±6kV Human Body Model (HBM)
- Audio/Data Multiplexing
- Communication Systems
- Connector Sharing
- Gaming Machines
- Handheld Industrial Devices
- POS Peripherals
- RS-485/RS-232/USB 1.1 Multiplexing
|Part Number||Config.||Channels||VSUPPLY (Single)|
|Dynamic Range (max)|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|