Quad Low-Power 500Mbps ATE Driver/Comparator
DescriptionThe MAX9963/MAX9964 four-channel, low-power, high-speed pin electronics driver and comparator ICs include, for each channel, a three-level pin driver, a dual comparator, and variable clamps. The driver features a wide voltage range and high-speed operation, includes high-Z and active-termination (3rd-level drive) modes, and is highly linear even at low-voltage swings. The dual comparator provides low dispersion (timing variation) over a wide variety of input conditions. The clamps provide damping of high-speed DUT waveforms when the device is configured as a high-impedance receiver. High-speed, differential control inputs compatible with ECL, LVPECL, LVDS, and GTL levels are provided for each channel. ECL/LVPECL or flexible open-collector outputs are available for the comparators.
The A-grade version provides tight matching of gain and offset for the drivers and comparators, allowing reference levels to be shared across multiple channels in cost-sensitive systems. For system designs that incorporate independent reference levels for each channel, the B-grade version is available at reduced cost.
Optional internal resistors at the high-speed inputs provide differential termination of LVDS inputs, while optional internal resistors provide the pullup voltage and source termination for open-collector comparator outputs. These features significantly reduce the discrete component count on the circuit board.
Low-leakage, slew rate, and tri-state/terminate controls are operational configurations that are programmed through a 3-wire, low-voltage, CMOS-compatible serial interface.
The MAX9963/MAX9964 operating range is -1.5V to +6.5V, with power dissipation of only 825mW per channel. These devices are available in a 100-pin, 14mm x 14mm body, 0.5mm pitch TQFP with an exposed 8mm x 8mm die pad on the top (MAX9963) or bottom (MAX9964) of the package for efficient heat removal. The MAX9963/MAX9964 are specified to operate with an internal die temperature of +70°C to +100°C, and feature a die temperature monitor output.
- Small FootprintFour Channels in 0.4in²
- Low Power Dissipation: 825mW/Channel (typ)
- High Speed: 500Mbps at 3VP-P
- Low Timing Dispersion
- Wide -1.5V to +6.5V Operating Range
- Active Termination (3rd-Level Drive)
- Low-Leakage Mode: 15nA (max)
- Integrated Clamps
- Interface Easily with Most Logic Families
- Digitally Programmable Slew Rate
- Internal Logic Termination Resistors
- Low Gain and Offset Error
- Active Burn-In Systems
- Commodity DRAM Testers
- Flash Memory Testers
- Low-Cost Mixed-Signal/System-on-Chip Testers
- Structural Testers
|Part Number||Drvr./ Comp./ Load||Channels||PDISS|
|Drvr. PW (3Vp-p)|
|Drvr. tRISE (3Vp-p)|
|Prog. Drvr. Slew Rate||Comp. Config.||Clamps||Integ. PMU I/F||Package/Pins||Budgetary|
|per chan.||min||max||min||min||See Notes|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- 700mW per Channel
- 2.57Gbps at +1V Programmed
- 280ps Typical Rise/Fall Times at +2V (20% to 80%)
- Programmable Double Time Constant Cable-Droop Compensation
- Digital Slew-Rate Control for EMI Sensitive Applications
- Adjustable Output Resistance with 360mΩ Resolution
- Enables ASIL Compliance (FMEDA Available Upon Request)
- Internal Multiplexer
- Fast Propagation Delay: 280ps, Typ
- Low Overdrive Dispersion: 25ps (VOD = 10mV to 1V)
- Supply Voltage 2.7V to 3.6V