Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Force Voltage/Measure Current (FVMI)
- Force Current/Measure Voltage (FIMV)
- Force Voltage/Measure Voltage (FVMV)
- Force Current/Measure Current (FIMI)
- Force Nothing/Measure Voltage (FNMV)
- Force Nothing/Measure Current (FNMI, Range E Only)
- Termination/Measure Current
- Termination/Measure Voltage
- Five Programmable Current Ranges
- -2V to +7V Through -7V to +13V Input-Voltage Range
- Force-Current/Measure-Current Adjustable-Voltage Offset (IOS)
- Programmable Voltage Clamps at Force Output
- Low-Leakage, High-Impedance Measure, and Force States
- 3-Wire Serial Interface
- Low 6mA (max) Quiescent Current per PMU
- Memory Testers
- Structural Testers
- System-on-a-Chip Testers
- VLSI Testers
The MAX9951/MAX9952 force or measure voltages in the -2V to +7V through -7V to +13V ranges, dependent upon the supply voltage (VCC and VEE). The devices handle supply voltages of up to +30V (VCC to VEE) and a 20V device-under-test (DUT) voltage swing at full current. The MAX9951/MAX9952 also force or measure currents up to ±64mA with a lowest full-scale range of ±2µA. Integrated support circuitry facilitates use of an external buffer amplifier for current ranges greater than ±64mA.
A voltage proportional to the measured output voltage or current is provided at the MSR_ output. Integrated comparators, with externally set voltage thresholds, provide detection for both voltage and current levels. The MSR_ and comparator outputs can be placed in a high-impedance state. Separate FORCE and SENSE connections are short-circuit protected for voltages from (VEE - 0.3V) to (VCC + 0.3V). The FORCE output also features a low-leakage, high-impedance state.
Integrated voltage clamps limit the force output to levels set externally. The force-current or the measure-current voltage can be offset -0.2V to +4.4V (IOS). This feature allows for the centering of the control or measured signal within the external DAC or ADC range.
The MAX9951D/MAX9952D feature an integrated 10kΩ force-sense resistor between FORCE_ and SENSE_. The MAX9951F/MAX9952F have no internal force-sense resistor. These devices are available in a 64-pin, 10mm x 10mm, 0.5mm pitch TQFP package with an exposed 8mm x 8mm die pad on the top (MAX9951) or the bottom (MAX9952) of the package for efficient heat removal. The exposed pad is internally connected to VEE. The MAX9951/MAX9952 are specified over the commercial 0°C to +70°C temperature range.