-0.1V to +28V Input Range, Micropower, Uni-/Bidirectional, Current-Sense Amplifiers
Ultra-Small, 6-Bump UCSP Current-Sense Amplifiers with True -0.1V to +28V Input Range
DescriptionThe MAX9928F/MAX9929F low-cost, uni-/bidirectional, high-side, current-sense amplifiers are ideal for monitoring battery charge and discharge currents in notebooks, cell phones, and other portable equipment. These devices feature a wide -0.1V to +28V input common-mode voltage range, low 20µA supply current with VOS less than 0.4mV, and a gain accuracy better than 1.0%. The input common-mode range is independent of the supply voltage, ensuring that the current-sense information remains accurate even when the measurement rail is shorted to ground.
The MAX9928F features a current output with a transconductance ratio of 5μA/mV. An external resistor converts the output current to a voltage, allowing adjustable gain so that the input sense voltage can be matched to the maximum ADC input swing. The MAX9929F has a voltage output and integrates a 10kΩ output resistor for a fixed voltage gain of 50V/V.
A digital SIGN output indicates direction of current flow, so the user can utilize the full ADC input range for measuring both charging and discharging currents.
The MAX9928F/MAX9929F are fully specified over the -40°C to +125°C automotive temperature range, and available in 6-bump UCSP™ (1mm x 1.5mm) and 8-pin µMAX® packages. The UCSP package is bump-to-bump compatible with the MAX4372_EBT.
- Wide -0.1V to +28V Common-Mode Range, Independent of Supply Voltage
- 2.5V to 5.5V Operating Supply Voltage
- 20µA Quiescent Supply Current
- 0.4mV (max) Input Offset Voltage
- Gain Accuracy Better than 1% (max)
- SIGN Output Indicates Current Polarity
- Transconductance and Gain Versions Available
- 5µA/mV (MAX9928F)
- 50V/V (MAX9929F)
- Pin Compatible with the MAX4372 in UCSP
- Available in Ultra-Small, 3x2 UCSP (1mm x 1.5mm) and 8-Pin µMAX Packages
- General-System/Board-Level Current Monitoring
- Monitoring Charge/Discharge Currents in Portable/Battery-Powered Systems
- Notebook Computers
- Precision Current Sources
- Smart-Battery Packs/Chargers
- Smart-Cell Phones
- Super Capacitor Charge/Discharge
|Part Number||Output Format||CMVR|
|Bi-Dir. Curr. Sense||VSENSE_FS|
|Gain||Gain Accuracy @25°C|
|min||max||min||max||typ||recomm.||max||max||@ -3dB||See Notes|
|MAX9928F||Current||-0.1||28||2.5||5.5||20||Yes||+/-50||400||5 µA/mV||1||150||0||-40 to +125|
|See All Current Sense Amplifiers (53)|
| Pricing Notes: |
This pricing is BUDGETARY, for comparing similar parts. Prices are in U.S. dollars and subject to change. Quantity pricing may vary substantially and international prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees, and exchange rates. For volume-specific and version-specific prices and delivery, please see the price and availability page or contact an authorized distributor.
MAX9928EVKIT: Evaluation Kit for the MAX9928F, MAX9929F, and MAX4372
Technical DocumentsApp Note 5095 DC Error Budget Calculator Simplifies Selection of Optimal Current-Sense Amplifiers
Tutorial 4692 Introduction to Ventilators and Ventilation Rate Measurements
Quality and Environmental DataProduct Reliability Reports: MAX9928.pdf
Lead-Free Package Tin (Sn) Whisker Reports
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C|
- Delivers +68dBmV Output Power While Meeting DOCSIS 3.1 Requirements
- Covers 5MHz–204MHz Output Bandwidth
- Dual Outputs Eliminates Need for an External RF Switch