Electret Condenser Microphone Cartridge Preamplifier
The MAX9810 microphone preamplifier is intended for use inside electret condenser microphone (ECM) cartridges. The MAX9810 replaces the FET currently used with a high-gain, high-noise rejection, low output-impedance amplifier.
Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Replaces FET in Electret Condenser Microphone
- 2.3V to 5.5V Single-Supply Operation
- Low-Impedance Output (<0.4Ω)
- High PSRR: 82dB
- Three High-Gain Options:
- MAX9810A: 24dB
- MAX9810B: 27dB
- MAX9810C: 30dB
- Internal Bias Voltage
- Low Supply Current (670µA)
- Rail-to-Rail Output
- No Output Phase Reversal During Overload Conditions
- Available in a Tiny 4-Bump UCSP
- Cell Phones
- Electret Condenser Microphone Cartridges
- Notebook Computers
- Portable Audio
The MAX9810 operates from a single 2.3V to 5.5V supply and consumes only 670µA of quiescent current. The device features an internally generated 1.5V DC bias and is available in three internally fixed gain options (24dB, 27dB, and 30dB). The MAX9810 is specified over the extended temperature range (-40°C to +85°C) and comes in a tiny 4-bump chip-scale package (UCSP™) that is designed to fit inside the ECM cartridge.