Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Industry-Leading, Ultra-High 100dB PSRR
- PC99/01 Compliant
- 3W BTL Stereo Speaker Amplifier
- 200mW Stereo Headphone Amplifier
- Low 0.002% THD+N
- Click-and-Pop Suppression
- ESD-Protected Outputs
- Low Quiescent Current: 13mA
- Low-Power Shutdown Mode: 10µA
- MUTE Function
- Headphone Sense Input
- Stereo 2:1 Input Multiplexer
- Optional 2-Wire, I²C-Compatible or Parallel Interface
- Tiny 28-Pin Thin QFN (5mm x 5mm x 0.8mm) and TSSOP-EP Packages
- Notebook Computers
- PC Audio Peripherals
- Portable DVD Players
- Tablet PCs
A headphone sense input detects the presence of a headphone jack and automatically configures the amplifiers for either speaker or headphone mode. In speaker mode, the amplifiers can deliver up to 3W of continuous average power into a 3Ω load. In headphone mode, the amplifier can deliver up to 200mW of continuous average power into a 16Ω load. The gain of the amplifiers is externally set, allowing maximum flexibility in optimizing output levels for a given load. The amplifiers also feature a 2:1 input multiplexer, allowing multiple audio sources to be selected. The multiplexer can also be used to compensate for limitations in the frequency response of the loud speakers by selecting an external equalizer network. The various functions are controlled by either an I²C-compatible or simple parallel control interface.
The MAX9760–MAX9763 are available in either a thermally efficient 28-pin thin QFN package (5mm x 5mm x 0.8mm) or a TSSOP-EP package. All devices have thermal overload protection (OVP) and are specified over the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range.