Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 1.7V to 5.5V Supply Voltage Range
- Ultra-Low Supply Current
- Adjustable Thresholds (MAX9639)
- Polarity Indicator (MAX9640)
- CMOS Output Eliminates the Need for an External Pull-Up Resistor
- Operation with North or South Pole
- Tiny 4-Bump WLP (1.2mm x 1.2mm x 0.6mm)
- -40°C to +125°C Temperature Range
The MAX9640 is a Hall effect switch that detects the direction as well as the magnitude of the magnetic field. It has an output that is asserted if the magnetic field exceeds an internal threshold, regardless of the polarity of the field. It has another output that indicates the direction of the field (N versus S).
The MAX9639 and MAX9640 are offered in a tiny 4-bump WLP (1.2mm x 1.2mm x 0.6mm) and are optimized for ultra-low-current applications that require slow sampling rates such as open/close detection in portable equipment.