Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 40ns Propagation Delay
- 700µA (3.5mW) Supply Current per Comparator
- Single 4.5V to 5.5V Supply Operation (or ±5V, MAX909 only)
- Wide Input Range Includes Ground (or -5V, MAX909 only)
- Low, 500µV Offset Voltage
- Internal Hysteresis Provides Clean Switching
- TTL-Compatible Outputs (Complementary on MAX909)
- Input and Output Short-Circuit Protection
- Internal Latch (MAX909 only)
- Battery-Powered Systems
- High-Speed A/D Converters
- High-Speed Sampling Circuits
- High-Speed V/F Converters
- Line Receivers
- Threshold Detectors/Discriminators
- Zero-Crossing Detectors
Because they are micropower, high-speed comparators that operate from a single +5V supply and include built-in hysteresis, these devices replace a variety of older comparators in a wide range of applications. MAX907/MAX908/MAX909 outputs are TTL-compatible, requiring no external pullup circuitry. All inputs and outputs can be continuously shorted to either supply rail without damage. These easy-to-use comparators incorporate internal hysteresis to ensure clean output switching even when the devices are driven by a slow-moving input signal.
The MAX909 features complementary outputs and an output latch. A separate supply pin for extending the analog input range down to -5V is also provided.
The dual MAX907 and single MAX909 are available in 8-pin DIP and SO packages, and the quad MAX908 is available in 14-pin DIP and SO packages. These comparators are ideal for single +5V-supply applications that require the combination of high speed, precision, and ultra-low power dissipation.