Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Single- or Dual-Supply Operation: +1.6V to +36V, ±0.8V to ±18V
- True Single-Supply Operation: Input and Output Voltage Ranges Include Ground
- 2.0µV/°C Max Offset Voltage Drift
- 20µA Max Supply Current
- 5mA Min Output Drive
- 140µV Max Input Offset Voltage
- 3nA Max Input Bias Current
- 500V/mV Min Open-Loop Gain
- Standard 741 Pinout with Nulling to V-
- Battery-Powered Analog Circuits
- Micropower Signal Processing
- Precision Micropower Amplifiers
Both the input and output voltage ranges include the negative supply rail, allowing maximum signal range capability in single-supply applications. The MAX480 operates with either a single supply ranging from +1.6V to +36V or dual supplies from ±0.8V to ±18V. The MAX480 consumes less than 20µA, allowing operation in excess of 10,000 hours from a 250mA-hr lithium coin cell. Even with a minimal quiescent current, the amplifier sinks or sources 5mA from its output.
The MAX480 is available in 8-pin DIP and SO packages in commercial, extended, and military temperature ranges.