Dual-Supply, 180MHz, 16-Bit Accurate, Ultra-Low-Distortion Op Amps
DescriptionThe MAX4430/MAX4431 single and MAX4432/MAX4433 dual operational amplifiers feature wide bandwidth, 16-bit settling times in 37ns, and low-noise/low-distortion operation. The MAX4430/MAX4432 are compensated for unity gain stability and have a small signal -3dB bandwidth of 180MHz. The MAX4431/MAX4433 are compensated for closed-loop gains of +2 or greater and have a small-signal -3dB bandwidth of 215MHz.
The MAX4430–MAX4433 op amps require only 11mA of supply current per amplifier while achieving 125dB open-loop gain. Voltage noise density is a low 2.8nV/√Hz, and provides 100dB spurious-free dynamic range (SFDR) at 1MHz. These characteristics make these op amps ideal for driving modern high-speed 14- and 16-bit analog-to-digital converters (ADCs).
These high-speed op amps feature wide output voltage swings capable of driving ADCs with ≥ 4V input dynamic range and a high current output drive up to 60mA. Using a voltage feedback architecture, the MAX4430–MAX4433 meet the requirements of many applications that previously depended on current feedback amplifiers.
The MAX4430/MAX4431 are available in a space-saving 5-pin SOT23 package, and the MAX4432/MAX4433 are available in an 8-pin µMAX® package.
- 16-Bit Accurate Settling in 37ns (MAX4430/MAX4432)
- 100dB SFDR at 1MHz, 4VP-P Output
- 2.8nV/√Hz Input Voltage Noise Density
- 110dB (min) Open-Loop Gain
- 145V/µs Slew Rate (MAX4431/MAX4433)
- 60mA High Output Drive
- Wide Voltage Swing Capable of Driving ADC Inputs with ≥ 4VP-P Input Dynamic Range
- Available in Space-Saving Packages
- 5-pin SOT23 (MAX4430/MAX4431)
- 8-pin µMAX (MAX4432/MAX4433)
- Notebook Computers
|Part Number||Amps.||Single Supply||BW|
|@ -3dB||typ||min||<||min||min||max||See Notes|
|MAX4430||1||No||180||11||30||100||2.8||1||9||11||-40 to +85|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- 700mW per Channel
- 2.57Gbps at +1V Programmed
- 280ps Typical Rise/Fall Times at +2V (20% to 80%)
- Programmable Double Time Constant Cable-Droop Compensation
- Digital Slew-Rate Control for EMI Sensitive Applications
- Adjustable Output Resistance with 360mΩ Resolution
- Enables ASIL Compliance (FMEDA Available Upon Request)
- Internal Multiplexer
- Fast Propagation Delay: 280ps, Typ
- Low Overdrive Dispersion: 25ps (VOD = 10mV to 1V)
- Supply Voltage 2.7V to 3.6V