Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Low Input Noise to Drive Precision SAR ADCs
- 3.1nV/√Hz at 1kHz
- 200nVP-P from 0.1Hz to 10Hz
- High Speed for DC and AC Applications
- Gain-Bandwidth Product 400MHz
- -3dB Gain-Bandwidth Product 180MHz
- Slew Rate 180V/µs
- Ultra-Low Distortion Drives AC Inputs to 20-Bit SAR ADCs
- HD2 = -141dB, HD3 = -146dB at fIN = 10kHz, VOUT,DIFF = 2VP-P
- HD2 = -106dB, HD3 = -115dB at fIN = 1MHz, VOUT,DIFF = 2VP-P
- Output Voltage Clamping Pins Enable Low Distortion True Rail-to-Rail ADC Input Operation
- Wide Supply Range (2.7V to 13.2V) Drives Unipolar or Bipolar (±6.6V) Signals
- 3.7mA Quiescent Supply Current with Only 6.8µA Shutdown Current
- 12-Pin, 3mm x 3mm TQFN and 10-Pin µMAX Packages Save Board Space
- Active Filters
- Fully-Differential Signal Conditioning
- High-Speed Process Control
- Medical Imaging
- Single-Ended to Differential Conversion
The MAX44205 offers a VOCM input to adjust the output common-mode voltage, eliminating the need for a coupling transformer or AC-coupling capacitors. This adjustable output common-mode voltage allows the MAX44205 to match the input common-mode voltage range of the ADC following it. A proprietary output voltage clamping solution ensures that the buffer output does not violate the ADC’s maximum input voltage range, even if the MAX44205’s supply rails are higher than the ADC’s full-scale range. Shutdown mode consumes only 6.8µA and extends battery life in battery-powered applications or reduces average power in systems cycling between shutdown and periodic data readings.
The MAX44205 is available in 12-pin, 3mm x 3mm, TQFN and 10-pin µMAX® packages and is specified for operation over the -40°C to +125°C temperature range.