SC70/SOT23-8, 50mA IOUT, Rail-to-Rail I/O Op Amps with Shutdown/Mute
DescriptionThe MAX4335–MAX4338 op amps deliver 40mW per channel into 32Ω from ultra-small SC70/SOT23 packages making them ideal for mono/stereo headphone drivers in portable applications. These amplifiers have a 5MHz gain-bandwidth product and are guaranteed to deliver 50mA of output current while operating from a single supply of 2.7V to 5.5V.
The MAX4336 and the MAX4338 have a shutdown/mute mode that reduces the supply current to 0.04µA per amplifier and places the outputs in a high-impedance state.
The MAX4335–MAX4338 have 90dB power-supply rejection ratio (PSRR), eliminating the need for costly preregulation in most audio applications. Both the input voltage range and the output voltage swing include both supply rails, maximizing dynamic range.
The MAX4335/MAX4336 single amplifiers are available in ultra-small 6-pin SC70 packages. The MAX4337/MAX4338 dual amplifiers are available in an 8-pin SOT23 and a 10-pin µMAX® package, respectively. All devices are specified from -40°C to +85°C.
- 50mA Output Drive Capability
- Low 0.003% THD (20kHz into 10kΩ)
- Rail-to-rail Inputs and Outputs
- 2.7V to 5.5V Single-Supply Operation
- 5MHz Gain-Bandwidth Product
- 95dB Large-Signal Voltage Gain
- 90dB Power-Supply Rejection Ratio
- No Phase Reversal for Overdrive Inputs
- Ultra-Low Power Shutdown/Mute Mode
- Reduces Supply Current to 0.04µA
- Places Output in High-Impedance State
- Thermal Overload Protection
- 32Ω Headphone Drivers
- DAC/ADC Buffers
- Hands-Free Car Phones
- Portable Battery-Powered Instruments
- Transformer/Line Drivers
- Wireless PA Control
Technical DocumentsApp Note 988 Driving Audio Piezoelectric Transducers
Quality and Environmental DataRequest Reliability Report for: MAX4336
Lead-Free Package Tin (Sn) Whisker Reports
Tools & Models
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C|
- Delivers +68dBmV Output Power While Meeting DOCSIS 3.1 Requirements
- Covers 5MHz–204MHz Output Bandwidth
- Dual Outputs Eliminates Need for an External RF Switch