DescriptionThe MAX4080 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount printed-circuit board (PCB) that contains a MAX4080SAUA (8-pin µMAX®) IC. The MAX4080 is a high-side, current-sense amplifier with an input common-mode voltage range that extends from 4.5V to 76V. The current-sense amplifier provides an analog voltage output proportional to the load current flowing through an external sense resistor.
The EV kit can also be used to evaluate the MAX4081, which is a bidirectional version of the current-sense amplifier. The MAX4081's single output pin continuously monitors the transition from charge to discharge and avoids the need for a separate polarity output pin. The MAX4081 requires an external reference to set the zerocurrent output level (VSENSE = 0V). Charging current is represented by an output voltage from VREF to VCC, while discharge current is given from VREF to GND.
All gain versions of the MAX4080 and MAX4081 are footprint-compatible and the MAX4080SAUA can easily be replaced by a MAX4080FAUA, MAX4080TAUA, MAX4081FAUA, MAX4081TAUA, or MAX4081SAUA. With a combination of three gain versions (5V/V, 20V/V, 60V/V = F, T, S suffix) and a user-selectable, external sense resistor, the user can easily match the full-scale load current to the required output-voltage range.
For maximum versatility, these parts can operate with 76V input common-mode voltage at RS+ and RS- pins, independent of operating supply voltage (VCC) used. These parts also allow a large differential voltage between RS+ and RS- pins for high reliability. High-side current monitoring does not interfere with the ground path of the load being measured, making the MAX4080/MAX4081 particularly useful in a wide range of high-voltage systems.
- Real-Time Current Monitoring
- Wide 4.5V to 76V Input Common-Mode Range Independent of Operating Supply Voltage
- Bidirectional or Unidirectional ISENSE
- ±0.1% Full-Scale Accuracy
- 8-Pin µMAX Package
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- 48V Telecom and Backplane Current Measurement
- Automotive (12V, 24V, or 42V Batteries)
- Avalanche Photodiode and PIN-Diode Current Monitoring
- Bidirectional Motor Control
- General System/Board-Level Current Sensing
- Power-Management Systems
- Precision High-Voltage Current Sources
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- 700mW per Channel
- 2.57Gbps at +1V Programmed
- 280ps Typical Rise/Fall Times at +2V (20% to 80%)
- Programmable Double Time Constant Cable-Droop Compensation
- Digital Slew-Rate Control for EMI Sensitive Applications
- Adjustable Output Resistance with 360mΩ Resolution
- Enables ASIL Compliance (FMEDA Available Upon Request)
- Internal Multiplexer
- Fast Propagation Delay: 280ps, Typ
- Low Overdrive Dispersion: 25ps (VOD = 10mV to 1V)
- Supply Voltage 2.7V to 3.6V