MAX4073F, MAX4073H, MAX4073T
Low-Cost, SC70, Voltage-Output, High-Side Current-Sense Amplifier
DescriptionThe MAX4073 low-cost, high-side current-sense amplifier features a voltage output that eliminates the need for gain-setting resistors making it ideal for cell phones, notebook computers, PDAs, and other systems where current monitoring is crucial. High-side current monitoring does not interfere with the ground path of the battery charger making the MAX4073 particularly useful in battery-powered systems. The input common-mode range of +2V to +28V is independent of the supply voltage. The MAX4073's wide 1.8MHz bandwidth makes it suitable for use inside battery-charger control loops.
The combination of three gain versions and a selectable external-sense resistor sets the full-scale current reading. The MAX4073 offers a high level of integration, resulting in a simple and compact current-sense solution.
The MAX4073 operates from a +3V to +28V single supply and draws only 0.5mA of supply current. This device is specified over the automotive operating temperature range (-40°C to +125°C) and is available in a space-saving 5-pin SC70 package (half the size of the SOT23).
For a similar device in a 6-pin SOT23 with a wider common-mode voltage range (0 to +28V), see the MAX4173 data sheet.
- Low-Cost, Compact, Current-Sense Solution
- Three Gain Versions Available
- +20V/V (MAX4073T)
- +50V/V (MAX4073F)
- +100V/V (MAX4073H)
- ±1.0% Full-Scale Accuracy
- 500µA Supply Current
- Wide 1.8MHz Bandwidth
- +3V to +28V Operating Supply
- Wide +2V to +28V Common-Mode Range Independent of Supply Voltage
- Automotive Temperature Range (-40°C to +125°C)
- Available in Space-Saving 5-Pin SC70 Package
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- Fast, 30ns Propagation Delay (10mV Overdrive)
- Low-Power 100μA Supply Current (VDD = 3V)
- Optimized for 3V and 5V Applications
- Supply Voltage Range: 0.9V to 3.6V
- Low 25.5µA Quiescent Current
- Very Low 1μV (typ) Input Offset Voltage
- 700mW per Channel
- 2.57Gbps at +1V Programmed
- 280ps Typical Rise/Fall Times at +2V (20% to 80%)
- Programmable Double Time Constant Cable-Droop Compensation
- Digital Slew-Rate Control for EMI Sensitive Applications
- Adjustable Output Resistance with 360mΩ Resolution
- Enables ASIL Compliance (FMEDA Available upon Request)
- Internal Multiplexer