Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Wide Reference Current Dynamic Range
- Guaranteed 250nA to 2.5mA with 5% Accuracy
- Extended 10nA to 10mA with 10% Monitor Accuracy
- Current (MAX4004) or Voltage (MAX4006) Monitor Output
- Reference Current-Limit Protection (20mA, typ)
- Voltage Clamp Protects Subsequent Output Circuitry
- +2.7V to +22V Wide Voltage Range Operation
- 6-Pin SOT23 Packages
- Consumer Electronics
- Current-to-Voltage Conversion
- Laboratory Instrumentation
- Level Translation
- Medical Instrumentation
- Photodiode Current-Monitoring Systems
- Portable Instrumentation
The MAX4004/MAX4006 accept a +2.7V to +22V supply voltage, suitable for PIN photodiode applications. (For higher voltage applications, refer to the MAX4007/MAX4008 data sheet.) Internal current limiting (20mA, typ) protects the device against short-circuit-to-ground or excessive current conditions. A clamp diode protects the monitor output from overvoltage. Additionally, these devices feature thermal shutdown if the die temperature reaches +150°C.
The MAX4004/MAX4006 are available in tiny, space-saving 6-pin SOT23 packages, and operate over the extended temperature range of -40°C to +85°C.