High-Accuracy, High-Side Current Monitors in SOT23
Precision, High-Side 10:1 Current Monitor Senses Currents from 10nA to 10mA
DescriptionThe MAX4004/MAX4006 precision, high-side, current monitors are specifically designed for monitoring photodiode current in fiber applications. They offer a connection point for the reference current and a monitor output that produces a signal proportional to the reference current. The monitor output of the MAX4004 is a current proportional to the reference current. The monitor output of the MAX4006 is a voltage proportional to the reference current. The current monitors have six decades of dynamic range and monitor reference current of 250nA to 2.5mA with better than 5% accuracy. The photodiode current can be monitored from 10nA to 10mA with reduced accuracy.
The MAX4004/MAX4006 accept a +2.7V to +22V supply voltage, suitable for PIN photodiode applications. (For higher voltage applications, refer to the MAX4007/MAX4008 data sheet.) Internal current limiting (20mA, typ) protects the device against short-circuit-to-ground or excessive current conditions. A clamp diode protects the monitor output from overvoltage. Additionally, these devices feature thermal shutdown if the die temperature reaches +150°C.
The MAX4004/MAX4006 are available in tiny, space-saving 6-pin SOT23 packages, and operate over the extended temperature range of -40°C to +85°C.
- Wide Reference Current Dynamic Range
- Guaranteed 250nA to 2.5mA with 5% Accuracy
- Extended 10nA to 10mA with 10% Monitor Accuracy
- Current (MAX4004) or Voltage (MAX4006) Monitor Output
- Reference Current-Limit Protection (20mA, typ)
- Voltage Clamp Protects Subsequent Output Circuitry
- +2.7V to +22V Wide Voltage Range Operation
- 6-Pin SOT23 Packages
- Consumer Electronics
- Current-to-Voltage Conversion
- Laboratory Instrumentation
- Level Translation
- Medical Instrumentation
- Photodiode Current-Monitoring Systems
- Portable Instrumentation
|Part Number||Photo Diode Appl.||IDIODE||IDIODE||VBIAS|
|min||max||min||max||typ||to 10kHz||See Notes|
|MAX4004||PIN||10nA (-113dBm)||10mA (+7dBm)||2.7||22||40||9.2|
|-40 to +85||$1.31 @1k|
|See All Fiber Photodiode Current Monitors (8)|
| Pricing Notes: |
This pricing is BUDGETARY, for comparing similar parts. Prices are in U.S. dollars and subject to change. Quantity pricing may vary substantially and international prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees, and exchange rates. For volume-specific and version-specific prices and delivery, please see the price and availability page or contact an authorized distributor.
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C|
- Delivers +68dBmV Output Power While Meeting DOCSIS 3.1 Requirements
- Covers 5MHz–204MHz Output Bandwidth
- Dual Outputs Eliminates Need for an External RF Switch