280ps High-Speed Comparator, Ultra-Low Dispersion with LVDS Outputs
Industry's Fastest LVDS Comparator with 280ps Propagation Delay and Overdrive Dispersion of 25ps
The MAX40025 and MAX40026 are single-supply, high-speed comparators with a typical propagation delay of 280ps. The overdrive dispersion is extremely low (typical 25ps), making these comparators ideal for time-of-flight distance measurement applications.
The input common mode range of 1.5V to VDD + 0.1V is compatible with the output swings of several widely used high-speed trans-impedance amplifiers, such as the MAX40658.
The output stage is LVDS (Low-Voltage Differential Signaling), which helps to minimize power dissipation and interfaces directly with many FPGAs and CPUs. Complementary outputs help in suppression of common-mode noise on each output line.
The MAX40025 is offered in a space-saving, tiny, 1.218mm x 0.818mm, 6-bump wafer-level package (WLP), while the MAX40026 is available in a 2mm x 2mm 8-pin TDFN package and meets AEC-Q100 automotive qualification requirements. The MAX40025/MAX40026 operate over -40°C to +125°C temperature range and run from a single supply voltage of 2.7V to 3.6V.
- Fast Propagation Delay: 280ps, Typ
- Low Overdrive Dispersion: 25ps (VOD = 10mV to 1V)
- Supply Voltage 2.7V to 3.6V
- 39.4mW at 2.7V Supply
- Power-Efficient LVDS Outputs
- -40°C to +125°C Temperature Range
- Automotive AEC-Q100 Qualified (TDFN-8 Version)
- Internal 1.5mV Hysteresis: MAX40026
- Internal 2.5mV Hysteresis: MAX40025A
- Automotive Applications
- Distance Sensing in LIDAR, RADAR, and SONAR
- High-Speed Differential Line Receivers
- High-Speed Level-Shifting
- High-Speed Triggering in Oscilloscopes
- Test and Measurement
- Threshold Detectors
- Time-of-Flight Sensors
|Input Range||VSUPPLY (Total)|
|ICC per Comp.|
|MAX40025A||1||0.28||Rail to Rail||2.7||3.6||230||0.5||5||-40 to +125|
|See All Comparators (95)|
| Pricing Notes: |
This pricing is BUDGETARY, for comparing similar parts. Prices are in U.S. dollars and subject to change. Quantity pricing may vary substantially and international prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees, and exchange rates. For volume-specific and version-specific prices and delivery, please see the price and availability page or contact an authorized distributor.
Technical DocumentsdesignSoln 7098 Seeing is Believing: Give Your LIDAR ADAS System 20:20 Vision
Quality and Environmental DataRequest Reliability Report for: MAX40025C
Lead-Free Package Tin (Sn) Whisker Reports
Tools & Models
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C|
- Delivers +68dBmV Output Power While Meeting DOCSIS 3.1 Requirements
- Covers 5MHz–204MHz Output Bandwidth
- Dual Outputs Eliminates Need for an External RF Switch