The MAX40025 and MAX40026 are single-supply, high-speed comparators with a typical propagation delay of 280ps. The overdrive dispersion is extremely low (typical 25ps), making these comparators ideal for time-of-flight distance measurement applications.
The input common mode range of 1.5V to VDD + 0.1V is compatible with the output swings of several widely used high-speed trans-impedance amplifiers, such as the MAX40658.
The output stage is LVDS (Low-Voltage Differential Signaling), which helps to minimize power dissipation and interfaces directly with many FPGAs and CPUs. Complementary outputs help in suppression of common-mode noise on each output line.
The MAX40025 is offered in a space-saving, tiny, 1.218mm x 0.818mm, 6-bump wafer-level package (WLP), while the MAX40026 is available in a 2mm x 2mm 8-pin TDFN side-wettable package and meets AEC-Q100 automotive qualification requirements. The MAX40025/MAX40026 operate over -40°C to +125°C temperature range and run from a single supply voltage of 2.7V to 3.6V.
- Fast Propagation Delay: 280ps, Typ
- Low Overdrive Dispersion: 25ps (VOD = 10mV to 1V)
- Supply Voltage 2.7V to 3.6V
- 39.4mW at 2.7V Supply
- Power-Efficient LVDS Outputs
- -40°C to +125°C Temperature Range
- Automotive AEC-Q100 Qualified (TDFN-8 Version)
- Internal 1.5mV Hysteresis: MAX40026
- Internal 2.5mV Hysteresis: MAX40025A
- Distance Sensing in LIDAR, RADAR, and SONAR
- Time-of-Flight Sensors
- High-Speed Differential Line Receivers
- High-Speed Triggering in Oscilloscopes
- Threshold Detectors
- High-Speed Level-Shifting
- Test and Measurement
- Automotive Applications
19-100439; Rev 4; 3/19