1.7V, nanoPower Comparators with Built-in Reference
nanoPower Comparator in an Ultra-Tiny 0.76mm x 1.11mm Package
The MAX40000/MAX40001 are tiny, single comparators with built-in voltage references that are ideal for a wide variety of portable electronics applications, such as cell phones, portable instruments, and notebooks that have extremely tight board space and power constraints. The MAX40000/MAX40001 are available in a 6-bump wafer-level package (WLP) with 1.11mm x 0.76mm footprint and a 6-pin SOT23 package. The MAX40000 has a push-pull output and the MAX40001 has an open-drain output.
The devices offer a supply voltage range from 1.7V to 5.5V and consume only 0.9µA of supply current. They also feature internal filtering to provide high RF immunity, important in many portable applications.
The devices have a high-precision integrated reference that is factory trimmed to an initial accuracy of 1% and better than 2.5% over the entire temperature range. Internal reference voltage options include 1.252V, 1.66V, 1.94V, and 2.22V. See Ordering Information for help with ordering a MAX40000/MAX40001 with a particular voltage reference value and package type. The reference output is stable for capacitive loads up to 100pF.
These devices are fully specified over -40°C to +125°C automotive temperature range.
- Micropower Operating Current (0.9µA typ, 1.7µA max) Preserves Battery Power
- Tiny 1.11mm x 0.76mm 6-Bump WLP and SOT23 Packages Save Board Space
- Internal Precision Reference Saves Space and Cost of an External Reference
- < 1% at Room Temperature, < 2.5% Over Temp Reference
- Multiple Reference Voltages (1.252V, 1.66V, 1.94V, and 2.22V)
- Input Voltage Range = -0.2V to 5.7V
- Supply Voltage Range (1.7V to 5.5V) Allows Operation from 1.8V, 2.5V, 3V, and 5V Supplies
- < 10µs Propagation Delay
- Push-Pull (MAX40000) or Open-Drain (MAX40001) Outputs
- Cell Phones
- Electronic Toys
- Level Detectors
- Notebook Computers
- Portable Medical Instruments/Wearables
- Tablets and Consumer Accessories
|Input Range||VSUPPLY (Total)|
|ICC per Comp.|
|Logic Out||Oper. Temp.|
|1.7||5.5||1.7||0.5||8||Push-Pull||-40 to +125|
|See All Comparators (95)|
| Pricing Notes: |
This pricing is BUDGETARY, for comparing similar parts. Prices are in U.S. dollars and subject to change. Quantity pricing may vary substantially and international prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees, and exchange rates. For volume-specific and version-specific prices and delivery, please see the price and availability page or contact an authorized distributor.
Technical DocumentsApp Note 6378 How to Monitor State-of-Charge in Small Batteries with Tiny, Ultra-Low-Power Comparators
Quality and Environmental DataRequest Reliability Report for: MAX40001
Lead-Free Package Tin (Sn) Whisker Reports
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C|
- Delivers +68dBmV Output Power While Meeting DOCSIS 3.1 Requirements
- Covers 5MHz–204MHz Output Bandwidth
- Dual Outputs Eliminates Need for an External RF Switch