Dual, High-Side, Current-Sense Amplifiers and Drive Amplifiers
DescriptionThe MAX1350–MAX1357 offer two programmable high-side current-sense amplifiers and two drive amplifiers integrated in a single package.
The current-sense amplifiers have a 5V to 32V common-mode input range and provide a voltage output that is a multiple of the sense voltage. The common-mode input range is independent of supply voltage. An external sense resistor determines the range of current monitored by a current-sense amplifier. Gains of 2 or 10 are available with a typical input-referred offset voltage of zero or 3mV. The 3mV offset option is ideal for applications where offset nulling is required.
The drive amplifiers provide up to ±10mA of output current capability and a high output capacitive load tolerance. Output transients are limited to ±100mV during power-up and power-down events. The drive amplifiers feature a digitally controllable fast output clamp to ground. The drive amplifier outputs are current limited and are offered with gains of 2 or 4.
The drive amplifiers draw approximately 4.75mA, while the current-sense amplifiers draw approximately 250µA with full-scale sense inputs. In shutdown mode, the total supply current reduces to less than 1µA.
The MAX1350–MAX1357 are available in a 20-pin TSSOP package and operate over the extended (-40°C to +85°C) temperature range.
- High-Side Current-Sense Amplifier with Gain of 2 or 10
- ±1% Current-Sense Accuracy
- Wide 5V to 32V Common-Mode Voltage Range— Independent of Supply Voltage
- Adjustable Low Noise 0 to 5V or 0 to 10V Output Voltage Ranges with ±10mA Gate Drive
- Drive Amplifier Features Fast Clamp to Ground
- Cellular Base Stations
- Industrial Process Control
- Power Amplifiers
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- 700mW per Channel
- 2.57Gbps at +1V Programmed
- 280ps Typical Rise/Fall Times at +2V (20% to 80%)
- Programmable Double Time Constant Cable-Droop Compensation
- Digital Slew-Rate Control for EMI Sensitive Applications
- Adjustable Output Resistance with 360mΩ Resolution
- Enables ASIL Compliance (FMEDA Available Upon Request)
- Internal Multiplexer
- Fast Propagation Delay: 280ps, Typ
- Low Overdrive Dispersion: 25ps (VOD = 10mV to 1V)
- Supply Voltage 2.7V to 3.6V