Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 27MHz Crystal with ±30ppm Frequency Reference
- Two Buffered Output Ports with Multiple Audio Clocks: 256, 384, or 768 Times fS
- Supports Standard and Double Sampling Rates (12kHz, 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 64kHz, 88.2kHz, and 96kHz)
- I²C Interface or Hardwired Output Clock Selection
- Separate Output Clock Enable
- Low Jitter Typical 21ps (RMS at 73.728MHz)
- No External Components for PLL
- Integrated VCXO with ±200ppm Tuning Range
- Small Footprint, Thin QFN Package, 4mm x 4mm
- Digital TVs
- DVD Players
- Home Entertainment Centers
- Set-Top Boxes HDTVs
The MAX9485 accepts an input reference frequency of 27MHz from a crystal or system reference clock. The device provides two buffered clock outputs of 256, 384, or 768 times the chosen sampling frequency (fS) selected through an I²C interface or hardwired inputs. Sampling frequencies of 12kHz, 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 64kHz, 88.2kHz, or 96kHz are available. The MAX9485 also offers a buffered 27MHz output and an integrated voltage-controlled oscillator (VCXO) that is tuned by a DC voltage generated from the MPEG processor. The use of VCXO allows the audio system clock to lock with the overall system clock.
The MAX9485 features the lowest jitter in its class, guaranteeing excellent dynamic performance with audio ADCs and DACs in an MPEG-2 audio system. The device operates with a 3.3V supply and is specified over the -40°C to +85°C extended temperature range. The MAX9485 is offered in 6.5mm x 4.4mm 20-pin TSSOP and 4mm x 4mm 20-pin thin QFN packages.