4A, 20ns, MOSFET Driver
4A, 20ns MOSFET Driver in 3mm x 3mm TDFN Power Package for Ultra-Compact, High-Frequency Power Supplies
The MAX5078A/MAX5078B high-speed MOSFET drivers source and sink up to 4A peak current. These devices feature a fast 20ns propagation delay and 20ns rise and fall times while driving a 5000pF capacitive load. Propagation delay time is minimized and matched between the inverting and noninverting inputs. High sourcing/sinking peak currents, low propagation delay, and thermally enhanced packages make the MAX5078A/MAX5078B ideal for high-frequency and high-power circuits.
The MAX5078A/MAX5078B operate from a 4V to 15V single power supply and consume 40µA (typ) of supply current when not switching. These devices have an internal logic circuitry that prevents shoot-through during output state changes to minimize the operating current at a high switching frequency. The logic inputs are protected against voltage spikes up to +18V, regardless of the VDD voltage. The MAX5078A has CMOS input logic levels while the MAX5078B has TTL-compatible input logic levels.
The MAX5078A/MAX5078B feature both inverting and noninverting inputs for greater flexibility in controlling the MOSFET. They are available in a 6-pin TDFN (3mm x 3mm) package and operate over the automotive temperature range of -40°C to +125°C.
- 4V to 15V Single Power Supply
- 4A Peak Source/Sink Drive Current
- 20ns (typ) Propagation Delay
- Matching Delay Between Inverting and Noninverting Inputs
- VDD/2 CMOS (MAX5078A)/TTL (MAX5078B) Logic Inputs
- 0.1 x VDD (CMOS) and 0.3V (TTL) Logic-Input Hysteresis
- Up to +18V Logic Inputs (Regardless of VDD Voltage)
- Low Input Capacitance: 2.5pF (typ)
- 40µA (typ) Quiescent Current
- -40°C to +125°C Operating Temperature Range
- 6-Pin TDFN Package
- DC-DC Converters
- Motor Control
- Power MOSFET Switching
- Power-Supply Modules
- Switch-Mode Power Supplies
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|