Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Clean Drive Waveforms for Synchronous MOSFETs
- Utilization of a Look-Ahead Signal from the Primary for Proper Turn-On/Turn-Off Times
- Synchronous Rectifier Drivers Capable of Sourcing and Sinking Up to 2A Peak Current
- Internal Gate-Voltage Regulator for 5V (MAX5058) or 10V (MAX5059) Gate-Drive Voltage
- Internal Error Amplifier
- Accurate Differential Current-Share/Force Circuit Allows Paralleling of Several Power Supplies for High Output Current
- Internal Remote Voltage-Sense Amplifier
- Flexible Reference-Voltage Generation
- Output Voltage Regulation Down to 0.5V
- Low Quiescent Current Consumption of 2.5mA
- Integrated Digital Output Margining Circuit Saves External Parts and Board Space
- 30ns Propagation Delay Time from Pulse Input to Output
- Automatic Detection of Discontinuous Current Conduction and Turn-Off of the Freewheeling MOSFET
- High Efficiency at Low Output Currents and Reverse-Current Protection
- Open-Drain Overtemperature Warning Flag
- 28-Pin Thermally Enhanced TSSOP Package
- ±48V Power-Supply Modules
- ±48V/±12V Server Power Supplies
- Industrial Power Supplies
- Isolated Networking Power Supplies
- Isolated Telecom Power Supplies
An on-board error amplifier with a versatile current reference output enables virtually unlimited possibilities in reference-voltage generation. Reference voltage for the error amplifier is generated by connecting an appropriate resistor to this output.
Low on-resistance margining MOSFETs integrated on-chip allow for implementation of a margining circuit without the use of external switches. The MAX5058 provides a 5V LDO output for logic-level MOSFETs, while the MAX5059 provides a 10V LDO output for conventional 10V MOSFETs.
The MAX5058/MAX5059 are designed to enable paralleling of multiple power supplies for accurate current sharing using a simple 2-wire, differential, current-share bus. Parallelability enables expansion of the power capabilities and simplifies thermal management in high-output-current applications. When used with the MAX5051, the primaries can also be synchronized and operated 180 degrees out of phase.
The MAX5058/MAX5059 are available in a 28-pin thermally enhanced TSSOP package and operate over a wide -40°C to +125°C temperature range.
Warning: The MAX5058/MAX5059 are designed to work in circuits that contain high voltages. Exercise caution.