32 x 16 Nonblocking Video Crosspoint Switch with I/O Buffers
DescriptionThe MAX4357 is a 32 x 16 highly integrated video crosspoint switch matrix with input and output buffers. This device operates from dual ±3V to ±5V supplies or from a single +5V supply. Digital logic is supplied from an independent single +2.7V to +5.5V supply. All inputs and outputs are buffered, with all outputs able to drive standard 75Ω reverse-terminated video loads.
The switch matrix configuration and output buffer gain are programmed through an SPI™/QSPI™-compatible, three-wire serial interface and initialized with a single update signal. The unique serial interface operates in two modes facilitating both fast updates and initialization. On power-up, all outputs are initialized in the disabled state to avoid output conflicts in large-array configurations.
Superior flexibility, high integration, and space-saving packaging make this nonblocking switch matrix ideal for routing video signals in security and video-on-demand systems.
The MAX4357 is available in a 128-pin TQFP package and specified over an extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- 32 x 16 Nonblocking Matrix with Buffered Inputs and Outputs
- Operates from a ±3V, ±5V, or +5V Supply
- Each Output Individually Addressable
- Individually Programmable Output Buffer Gain (AV = +1V/V or +2V/V)
- High-Impedance Output Disable for Wired-OR Connections
- 0.1dB Gain Flatness to 12MHz
- Minimum -62dB Crosstalk, -110dB Isolation at 6MHz
- 0.05%/0.1° Differential Gain/Differential Phase Error
- Low 220mW Power Consumption (0.43mW per Point)
- Security Systems
- Video Routing and Switching Systems
- Video-on-Demand Systems
Technical DocumentsApp Note 5299 Selecting the Right CMOS Analog Switch
App Note 795 Designing Large Video-Crosspoint Systems Just Got Easier
Quality and Environmental DataRequest Reliability Report for: MAX4357
Lead-Free Package Tin (Sn) Whisker Reports
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C|