Broadband Variable-Gain Amplifiers
DescriptionThe MAX3537/MAX3538 broadband RF variable-gain amplifiers (VGA) are designed for digital and OpenCable™ set-tops and televisions. These devices feature a unique design that integrates a dual-band (UHF and VHF) input and a low-noise, variable-gain amplifier. The integrated RF VGA covers a 10MHz to 1GHz input frequency range and provides 22dB of gain-control range.
The MAX3538 is intended for the most difficult signal conditions where performance is critical. The external pullup inductor improves IIP2 and IIP3 while also increasing gain for better sensitivity. The MAX3537 does not need an external pullup inductor and is ideal for low-power applications with less demanding receiver distortion requirements such as smaller TVs using indoor antennas.
The MAX3537/MAX3538 are specified for operation in the 0°C to +85°C temperature range and are available in 4mm x 4mm, 12-pin thin QFN packages with exposed paddle (EP).
- Low-Noise VGA Eliminates PIN Attenuator
- 22dB Gain-Control Range
- Low Noise Figure: 5dB at Maximum Gain Setting
- High Linearity: +19dBm IIP3 (MAX3538) at Maximum Gain Setting
- Low Power Consumption: <200mW (MAX3537)
- Available in a 4mm x 4mm, 12-Pin Thin QFN Package
- Digital Set-Top Boxes
- Digital Terrestrial Receivers
- Media Gateways
- OpenCable™ Set-Top Boxes and Televisions
- TV IF Strips
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|