2A, 40V Step-Down DC-DC Converter with Dynamic Output-Voltage Programming
Low-Cost, 7.5V to 40V Input, 2A, 500kHz Step-Down DC-DC Converter
DescriptionThe MAX15020 high-voltage step-down DC-DC converter operates over an input voltage range of 7.5V to 40V. The device integrates a 0.2Ω high-side switch and is capable of delivering 2A load current with excellent load and line regulation. The output is dynamically adjustable from 0.5V to 36V through the use of an external reference input (REFIN). The MAX15020 consumes only 6µA in shutdown mode.
The device utilizes feed-forward voltage-mode architecture for good noise immunity in the high-voltage switching environment and offers external compensation for maximum flexibility. The switching frequency is selectable to 300kHz or 500kHz and can be synchronized to an external clock signal of 100kHz to 500kHz by using the SYNC input. The IC features a maximum duty cycle of 95% (typ) at 300kHz.
The device includes configurable undervoltage lockout (UVLO) and soft-start. Protection features include cycle-by-cycle current limit, hiccup-mode for output short-circuit protection, and thermal shutdown. The MAX15020 is available in a 20-pin TQFN 5mm x 5mm package and is rated for operation over the -40°C to +125°C temperature range.
- Wide 7.5V to 40V Input Voltage Range
- 2A Output Current, Up to 96% Efficiency
- Dynamic Programmable Output Voltage (0.5V to 36V)
- Maximum Duty Cycle of 95% (typ) at 300kHz
- 100kHz to 500kHz Synchronizable SYNC Frequency Range
- Configurable UVLO and Soft-Start
- Low-Noise, Voltage-Mode Step-Down Converter
- Programmable Output-Voltage Slew Rate
- Lossless Constant Current Limit with Fixed Timeout to Hiccup Mode
- Extremely Low-Power Consumption (< 6µA typ) in Shutdown Mode
- 20-Pin (5mm x 5mm) Thin QFN Package
- Industrial Power Supply
- Printer Head Driver Power Supply
- Step-Down Power Supply
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|