DescriptionThe MAX11800/MAX11801 touch evaluation systems (TEVSs) demonstrate the rich feature set of the MAX11800–MAX11803 family of touch-screen controllers (TSCs) and allow for their evaluation. Each TEVS consists of a USB interface board (UTIB+), a MAX11800/MAX11801 evaluation kit (EV kit) daughter board, and a 4-wire touch sensor (USB cable included). Note: The MAX11802 and MAX11803 are subsets of the MAX11800 and MAX11801, respectively.
Order the MAX11800 TEVS for a comprehensive evaluation of the SPI™-compatible TSCs using a PC. Order the MAX11801 TEVS for a comprehensive evaluation of the I²C-compatible TSCs.
The TSCs provide a complete resistive touch-screen controller solution that targets touch-enabled devices with small- to medium-size displays. The TSCs enable miniaturization of consumer products due to their ultra-small size. Their low power consumption makes them attractive for portable devices.
Each TEVS operates directly from the USB power. Windows XP®- or Windows® 7-compatible software running on a PC interfaces to the TEVS board through the computer's USB communications port. See the Quick Start section in the full data sheet for setup and operating instructions.
The EV kit provides a proven PCB to facilitate evaluation of the TSCs directly by the user. It must be interfaced to the appropriate SPI/I²C timing signals for proper operation. See Figures 12a, 12b, and 13 in the full data sheet for connections and appropriate voltage levels. Refer to the MAX11800–MAX11803 IC data sheet for timing requirements and register addresses.
- Complete Evaluation System Including a USB-to-Serial Interface (I²C or SPI) Board
- Convenient Test Points Provided On-Board for Digital Interface and Analog Signals
- Interfaces to Common 4-Wire Resistive Touch Sensors through Standard FPC/FFC Connectors
- 1mm Pitch
- 0.5mm Pitch
- Built-In LDOs and Level Translators for Operation with 1.8V, 3.0V, and 3.6V
- User-Friendly GUI Interface (Microsoft Windows XP- and Windows 7-Compatible USB Interface)
- Easy Access to TSC Configuration Registers and Status Registers
- Direct Conversion Mode Demonstration Capability
- Autonomous Conversion Mode Demonstration Capability (Only Available in the MAX11800 and MAX11801)
- Ability to Capture Raw Data and Display the Data in Either Conversion Mode
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|